JEDI Supplier Diversity
We are committed to advancing just, equitable, diverse, and inclusive opportunity in our purchasing practices. We will contribute to generating wealth among populations traditionally underrepresented in procurement by administering initiatives to drive participation of small-, women-, minority-, veteran-, disabled-, and LGBTQ+-owned businesses 51% owned and operated by an individual or group that is part of a traditionally underserved collective identified by PHA as a Diverse Supplier.
Our overarching goal will be to provide for a more equitable and inclusive process while working to mitigate the disparity between the availability and utilization of Diverse Suppliers.
Some of the things we will do to work toward achieving that goal are as follows:
- We will develop annual project small, women, and minority (SWaM) plans.
- We will make sure businesses are certified by the Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity (DSBSD) and work to maximize the use of certified entities.
- We will develop relationships with diverse suppliers that strengthen the communities in which we operate.
- We will implement initiatives to enhance the development of small businesses in Virginia.
- We will use information from the disparity study conducted by BBC Research & Consulting here in the Commonwealth to help refine implementation of our SWaM Program.
To make sure we remain on track in the fulfillment of our commitment, we will do the following:
- We will make sure that minority- and women-owned business data is collected, analyzed, and reported
- We will continue to expand our outreach and engagement with more women-, minority-, veteran-owned and other diverse small and disadvantaged businesses
- We will educate our staff and partners on the importance of diverse supplier inclusion
- We will develop clear pathways to choosing diverse suppliers
- We will investigate the extent to which our intended actions yielded desired diversity and economic opportunity results focused on monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of our Supplier Diversity and Inclusion Program