COVID-19 Response and Resources
Our Berkmar office as well as all leasing offices are closed until further notice. Our staff is still available to serve you remotely. Our Housing Counseling team will continue to meet with clients remotely and community managers can be reached via phone as well.
Here is some of what Piedmont Housing Alliance is doing to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Hand washing. All staff is encouraged to wash hands frequently according to the CDC’s instructions and use hand sanitizer in between hand washing.
- Non-essential meetings and gatherings canceled. We have canceled all non-essential meetings and gatherings until further notice.
Precautions at our communities
In addition to the above precautions, the following are being taken at our communities.
- Visitor limitations. Residents at our senior living communities have been encouraged to limit the number of visitors they welcome into their home until further notice.
- Entrances/Exits. For the foreseeable future, each senior living community will have one main point of entry and exit.
- Limited use of communal areas. Residents will limit gathering in communal areas such as the lobbies and community rooms of each community. All gyms/workout rooms, community center, libraries and other communal areas are temporarily closed. Laundry rooms remain open.
- Regular Check-ins. We will be conducting regular check-ins with residents at our senior living communities via phone.
- Heightened sanitizing and cleaning. Staff sanitizes our communities once a day and we have contracted a cleaner at many of our senior communities.
These resources will be updated frequently.
- Virginia Department of Health coronavirus resources
- Tips for Managing Stress
- National Alliance on Mental Illness COVID-19 Information and Resources
- Charlottesville City Schools
If you have questions about COVID-19, please call the Thomas Jefferson Health District’s COVID-10 hotline. The hotline is open for any community member who has questions about COVID-19 Coronavirus and is staffed Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.