COVID-19 Response and Resources
Due to the ongoing spread of coronavirus/COVID-19, our Berkmar office remains closed until further notice and our leasing offices are open for in-person meetings with residents by appointment only. Wondering how to contact us or complete certain tasks? Follow the procedures below.
Current residents of Piedmont Housing communities
Rent is due the 5th day of each month. Rent can be dropped off at drop boxes at any Piedmont Housing community or left in the secure drop box directly outside the door of our Berkmar office.
Contacting your leasing office
Leasing offices are open to in-person visits by appointment only. Please follow the below procedure to schedule and attend your appointment. The chart t the bottom of this page shows contacts for each community.
- Contact the appropriate community manager for your community to request an appointment.
- Once your appointment is confirmed, arrive at the office on the day of your appointment wearing a mask. You will also have to undergo a temperature check. If you have a temperature, you will not be permitted to enter the office and will be asked to reschedule your appointment or have a virtual appointment. Please do not come to the office until your appointment is confirmed.
To report an emergency maintenance issue, call 434-422-5496.
Emergency Maintenance Issues
Response within 1 hour of receiving the call
- Fire – Call 911 First (then alert the maintenance department)
- No power to entire unit (if not turned off)
- No heat when outside temperature is below 50 degrees
- No air conditioning when outside temperature is above 85 degrees
- Any major water leak or sewage back up
- Refrigerator not working
- No hot water before 9pm
- Clogged toilet if only one in apartment (Resident should have a plunger, as they will be asked to try plunging before maintenance comes to assess the issue.)
- Safety Devices (smoke detectors/ carbon monoxide detectors)
High Priority Maintenance Issues
To be repaired during normal business hours
- Air conditioning not working with temperatures below 85
- Washer/Dryer not working
- Oven won’t heat up
- 2 or more stove burners won’t heat up
Non-Emergency Maintenance Issues
Addressed within up to five business days
- Dripping water Faucet
- Ice maker not working
- A stove burner won’t heat up
- Dishwasher not working
- Microwave not working
- Light bulb replacement (available upon request for self install)
If you are seeking rental housing
If you are seeking rental housing, please visit our rental communities page to learn more about our communities and download the rental application.
|Community||Community Manager||Phone Number||Email (All emails are @piedmonthousing.org)|
|Carlton Views||LaShawnda Hester||434-260-5415||lhester|
|Cynthianna Avenue Duplex||Morgan Hultman||434-825-0574||mhultman|
|Friendship Court Apartments||Marcie Horree||434-422-4846||mhorree|
|Monticello Vista Apartments||Morgan Hultman||434-825-0574||mhultman|
|Virnita Court||Morgan Hultman||434-825-0574||mhultman|
|Timberlake Place Apartments||Morgan Hultman||434-825-0574||mhultman|
|Crozet Meadows Apartments, The Meadowlands||Tyericka Clark||434-825-8123||tclark|
|Parks Edge Apartments||Cynthia Clatterbuck||434-973-4770||cclatterbuck|
|Scottsville School Apartments||Morgan Hultman||434-825-0574||mhultman|
|Woods Edge Apartments||Pamela Juers||434-426-5057||pjuers|
|Ryan School Apartments||Morgan Hultman||434-825-0574||mhultman|
If you are seeking housing counseling services
Our housing counselors are here to serve you remotely. The first step in becoming a housing counseling client or applying for our down payment loan program is completing the housing counseling intake form. Once you complete the intake form, return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at our Berkmar location. A housing counselor will follow-up with you via email or phone.
Covid safety at our communities
The below precautions are currently in place at our communities.
- Visitor limitations and gathering. Residents are encouraged to limit the number of visitors they welcome into their home. Residents will limit gathering in communal areas such as the lobbies and community rooms of each community. All gyms/workout rooms, community center, libraries and other communal areas are temporarily closed. Laundry rooms remain open.
- Entrances/Exits. For the foreseeable future, each senior living community will have one main point of entry and exit.
- Regular Check-ins. We will be conducting regular check-ins with residents at our senior living communities via phone.
- Heightened sanitizing and cleaning. Staff sanitizes our communities once a day and we have contracted a cleaner at many of our senior communities.
Financial + Material Resources
Health + Wellness Resources
- Virginia Department of Health coronavirus resources
- Tips for Managing Stress
- National Alliance on Mental Illness COVID-19 Information and Resources
- The Women’s Initiative
- Sentara Health
- Charlottesville City Schools
- Albemarle County Public Schools At-Home Learning Resources
- Greene County Public Schools
- Nelson County Public Schools
- Blue Ridge Area Food Bank
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Loaves & Fishes
- Nelson County Pantry
If you have questions about COVID-19, please call the Thomas Jefferson Health District’s COVID-10 hotline at 434-972-6261. The hotline is open for any community member who has questions about COVID-19 Coronavirus and is staffed Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.