Come make a difference and work with us! If you are interested in making a difference in the City of Charlottesville and surrounding areas by improving opportunities for families and individuals to have safe, affordable housing, you might be a perfect fit with Piedmont Housing.
Human Resources Specialist
Piedmont Housing seeks to hire a Human Resources Specialist to join its growing team! The HR Specialist will serve as a key figure supporting staff, strengthening professionalism, and helping craft hiring practices for a nonprofit organization in the midst of significant growth, both in scope and staffing. Key to this role is the ability to help staff navigate embracing change constructively.
The Human Resources Specialist will rely on wisdom and practical skills to inform staff support structures focused on teamwork, collaboration, accountability, and refining the current infrastructure. The complexity of Piedmont Housing’s work requires a HR Specialist who engages challenge as an opportunity to innovate and strengthen systems, so that the challenges naturally arising from constant growth and change advance both the mission and the work.
This new role will provide human resources expertise and support to Piedmont Housing, which employs 40+ employees. This role, reporting to the Deputy Director, will ensure proper application of applicable federal and state policy, Piedmont Housing employee policies and standards, and create new HR standards, training, and support that aligns with the goals and objectives of Piedmont Housing’s mission, vision and values. This role works closely with finance, and heavy emphasis on support to Alliance Management, our community management and facility management group. This position will also play an important role in visioning and implementing the internal organizational racial equity goals. Salary range for this position is $45,000 to $60,000, based on skills and experience
- Manage and coordinate core HR functions including payroll coordination with accounting, time and leave maintenance, employee benefits, employee data integrity, and oversight of all compensation and position transactions.
- Coordinate recruitment, selection and onboarding process to ensure consistent process, and welcome new hires so they feel part of the team, are well-prepared, and have the tools to be successful.
- Administer performance management system, including assuring employee feedback and evaluations are completed responsibly.
- Coordinate training, including policy, safety and leadership skills for all employees, utilizing training resources as needed.
- Respond to employee relations issues, and work for resolution or proper application of discipline and counseling; create organizational opportunities to promote strong culture and teamwork.
- Assist with implementation of new HR processes, technology solutions and HR system updates as requested.
- Ensure HR policies, procedures, and practice are aligned with internal organizational racial equity goals.
If you feel this role is the next step you’ve been looking for, email a cover letter and resume by March 6, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org. View the full job description.
Assistant Community Manager
Advance your career in property management with a company that prioritizes professional development and certified training, competitive salary and growth opportunities, teamwork and local support, mission and equity focus, community engagement and resident customer service. Piedmont Housing Alliance seeks to hire an Assistant Community Manager to join our Community Management team, to work at communities in Albemarle County and Nelson County. The ideal candidate has property management experience, is mission-minded and community-focused, and demonstrates a commitment to excellence for residents. The Assistant Community Manager works as part of a team to ensure efficient operations focused on outstanding customer service and attention to compliance requirements, including leasing apartments, welcoming new residents, documenting qualifications, collecting rents, ensuring lease compliance, and supporting resident services. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by February 28th. Starting salary for this position is $35,000, based on skills and experience; benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution and matching, and employee assistance program.
Piedmont Housing Alliance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that values diverse perspectives, inclusive policies, and equitable practices. Candidates of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and abilities are encouraged to apply.\lsdpriority
Community Management Opportunities
If you are interested in a career in community management or maintenance with a growing mission-driven company, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to building a team that values diverse perspectives, inclusive policies, and equitable practices.
Candidates of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and abilities are encouraged to apply.