Come make a difference and work with us! If you are interested in making a difference in the City of Charlottesville and surrounding areas by improving opportunities for families and individuals to have safe, affordable housing, you might be a perfect fit with Piedmont Housing.
Piedmont Housing Alliance seeks a Maintenance Director responsible for the maintenance of our communities. The Maintenance Director will report to the Director of Community Management manage 5 or more maintenance technicians. This position supervises, coordinates, assigns, and reviews the maintenance staff and all work pertaining to all grounds, buildings, and equipment owned and/or operated by Piedmont Housing Alliance. The Maintenance Director will support staff effectively, professionally, with empathy, and with a clear racial equity lens. The Director is expected to manage a workload of multiple projects in a collaborative way, apply critical thinking skills, communicate clearly, anticipate problems, utilize strong organizational skills, and pay attention to detail, and delegate appropriately to ensure a well-integrated and effective team environment. This position entails managing daily operations, supervising team members, coordinating with various stakeholders, and ensuring all policies and procedures are upheld and infractions are properly addressed.
- At least five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience or training in a public housing authority, nonprofit housing provider, or private maintenance- or construction-related business.
- At least two (2) years in a supervisorial capacity.
- Must possess a valid Virginia Driver’s License
- Strong computer skills, with strong working knowledge of the primary Microsoft Office programs. Willingness and ability to travel.
- Must own, or have consistent access to, a private vehicle for use for local travel between properties.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and other pre-employment screening.
- Requires exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Ability to move about properties and throughout residential units; able to climb to high places, move about crawl spaces, and navigate narrow pass ways.
- Able to hear and speak to customers in person and/or by phone.
- Must be in good physical condition and have physical capacity to work extra hours when necessary.
- Able to stand, sit, bend, kneel, stretch and squat for long periods of times.
- Able to use hands, arms and fingers to manipulate tools and equipment, including power tools.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time; approximately 3 hours at a time, with breaks.
- Able to see and read on computer screen and paper.
- Able to use hands and fingers to operate office equipment such as a computer, copier, phone, postage meter, etc.
Real Estate Development Associate
Piedmont Housing Alliance seeks a Real Estate Development Associate devoted to our mission of increasing and preserving affordable housing in the city of Charlottesville and surrounding counties. The Real Estate Development Associate is responsible for supporting all aspects of the development process of large, complex affordable multi-family projects, including feasibility analysis, acquisition, deal structuring, design development, financing, public approvals, construction, and close-out. Primary responsibilities focus on managing projects in active development and construction with emphasis on projects closings, construction management, budget tracking, draw preparation, lease-up, and stabilization. S/he collaborates with other members of the Piedmont Housing team (development, community management, finance), and with the design team, general contractors, public agency staff, lenders, legal, partners, and consultants.
The position will work as part of a small team and report to the executive director.
- Supporting all facets of real estate development projects from inception through completion, including feasibility, entitlement and design
- Assisting with market and financial analyses, feasibility assessments, budgets, and pro-formas
- Managing design team coordination and monitoring construction schedule, cost
- Cultivating productive, positive, professional working relationships with the development community, lenders, various levels of government, and other public, private and non-profit partners
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Prior experience in architecture, real estate development, project management, and/or construction.
- Exposure to and/or familiarity with affordable housing policies and financing processes.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze information, generate reports, and evaluate opportunities.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, who interacts productively and positively with other members of the Piedmont Housing Alliance team.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to design presentations/graphics materials, compose correspondence, and respond to information requests from internal and external contacts.
- Ability to meaningfully engage with issues of racial equity and inclusion.
- Detail-oriented; able to plan, prioritize, and organize multiple projects concurrently.
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work both independently and within a team setting.
- Proficient in computer software, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, integrity, good judgment, and sense of humor.
Salary is $40,000 – $60,000 per year, based upon experience. If this seems like a great opportunity for you, email your resume to email@example.com.
Piedmont Housing Alliance seeks a Maintenance Technician. Are you skilled in apartment community maintenance? Join our professional, mission-driven community management team, serving our senior living portfolio of properties. The ideal candidate has 2+ years of apartment maintenance experience, values quality work and customer service, and has HVAC certification. Maintenance priorities include repairs, turns, scheduled and preventive maintenance, and groundskeeping. Email cover letter and resume to Careers@piedmonthousing.org.
Starting salary for this position is $17-20/hour, based on skills and experience; benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution and matching, employee assistance program, and professional development opportunities. Must be able to travel between Charlottesville and Albemarle and Nelson County.
Piedmont Housing Alliance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that values diverse perspectives, inclusive policies, and equitable practices. Candidates of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
Community Management Opportunities
If you are interested in a career in community management or maintenance with a growing mission-driven company, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to building a team that values diverse perspectives, inclusive policies, and equitable practices.
Candidates of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and abilities are encouraged to apply.