Maintenance in the time of Social Distancing
While it may seem like the world has stopped, all of our daily needs go on. Our mission is to create affordable housing opportunities and foster community through education, lending, and equitable development. Providing timely maintenance services the individuals and families in our communities is part of that mission.
Due to the ongoing threat of COVID-19 and in accordance with social distancing mandates, until further notice our maintenance team is only responding to emergency maintenance requests.
Maintenance emergencies are listed below:
- No heat when outside temp is below 50 degrees
- No A/C when outside temp is above 85 degrees
- Major water leak/flooding
- No power to entire unit (if not turned off)
- Fridge not cooling
- No hot water before 9 p.m.
- Fire (Call 911 in case of a fire)
- Safety Devices: ( smoke/carbon monoxide detectors )
- Stopped up toilet if only one in apartment (Residents should have a plunger, as they will be asked to trying plunging before maintenance comes to assess the issue.)
Tips for making a maintenance request
When leaving a maintenance request, always your name, which community you are calling from, unit/apartment number and a phone number where you can be reached. Some other tips:
- Speak clearly into your phone.
- If you have a speech impediment or need an accommodation to submit maintenance requests in a different way, please let us know.
- Reduce background noise while you are talking.
- Review the above maintenance emergencies before you call us.